- There are no notices for your area.
BlackBerry Mail Setup
- Click on the "Setup" icon (picture looks like a BlackBerry phone with a gear on it)
- In the setup section, click the "Email Accounts" icon.
- Select what type of new email you wish to create (Yahoo,Gmail,AOL) For setting up a MetroCast email they will need to select "Other".
- In the Email Address please type in your MetroCast email address, then type in your Password and press "Continue".
- After you press "Continue", the BlackBerry will try testing the server and if it was successful you will get a message asking for a description. If unsuccessful please go to troubleshooting section.
- Type a description for your MetroCast account, example; MetroCast and push "Done"
- If "Looking up connection information fails" push on "Advanced" at the bottom of the screen
- Tap on "POP"
- "Server Address" will be pop.metrocast.net or pop.[state].metrocast.net if applicable
- "Port" will be 110
- "Use SSL" is Off
- "SMTP Username" is your full e-mail address
- "SMTP Password" is your e-mail password
- "SMTP Server Address" is either smtp.metrocast.net or smtp.[state].metrocast.net if applicable
- "SMTP Port" is 465
- "SMTP Encryption" Set to SSL or On
- When finished push "Done"
- Type a description for your MetroCast account, example; "MetroCast" and push "Done"
- When your email address is setup correctly, you will receive a confirmation message. To view and manage your email messages, on the home screen, click the Messages icon