Digital Cable FAQs
If the power has come back on and you continue to have no service please contact the Customer Service Department. The power outage could still remain within our plant.
A digital converter is a set top box that converts digital programming channels to be viewed on your television set. Services available through this converter include many Digital Music Channels, On Demand and Pay-Per-View Channels, and access to digital networks and multiple channels of your favorite Premium networks (i.e. HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Showtime). *Starz not available in all areas.
Pay-Per-View (PPV) can be ordered at the start of a program or in advance. There are three ways to select and order a PPV program:
- Using the MENU option of your Program Guide with your MetroCast remote
- Using the GUIDE button on your MetroCast remote
- Tuning directly to the PPV channels (801-803, 899) using your MetroCast remote
Ordering PPV Using the MENU Option
- Press the MENU button on your MetroCast remote revealing the Quick Menu.
- Click on PPV to open the PPV folders
- Select the folder of your choice (By Time, By Title, Events or Adult)
- Highlight the program you want to watch and press the BUY button
- Press the Exit button to return to watching TV
- A reminder is automatically sent when a PPV program is ordered and will appear on your screen when the program is about to begin
Please note that an SD (Standard Definition) or HD (High Definition) set-top converter is required to order PPV. PPV cannot be accessed with a DTA (Digital Terminal Adapter) or digital-ready/QAM TV. Also, Standard Definition (SD) Pay-Per-View programs and High Definition (HD) Pay-Per-View programs are shown on on different channels. You should order the HD version of a PPV program only if you are using a MetroCast HD set-top box.
To cancel an ordered Pay-Per-View program/event:
- Find the program you ordered through the MENU button on your MetroCast remote that will bring up the Quick Menu.
- Click on PPV and press OK/Select on your remote
- Highlight the program you purchased.
- Press the BUY button
- Scroll down to Don't Order and press OK/Select.
- This will cancel your order and you will receive a confirmation screen that says ORDER CANCELLED
Pay-Per-View Parental Controls
To prevent unauthorized PPV purchases, you can establish a PIN number within the Interactive Program Guide using your MetroCast set-top converter:
- Press the Menu key on the MetroCast remote.
- From the Quick Menu, highlight and select the Parental Controls (Lock icon).
- Enter your PIN or follow the Create PIN setup instructions on the screen. Note your PIN for future use.
- Highlight and select the Channel Locks option.
- Choose all PPV channels by following the instructions on the screen.
- Press the Exit button to return to watching TV.
- All channels locked will now require a PIN before purchasing will be allowed.
For instructions on ordering movies on MetroCast On Demand, click here.
No, the movie or event purchase will only show on the Television that the purchase was made on.
Once the purchase has been made there is no way to cancel the purchase. Please contact the Customer Service Department in the case you may need further assistance.
No, the digital converter will be installed by one of our technicians on your current cable ready television.
A digital converter can be installed on each television in your home; however you do not need one on every TV if you choose not to have digital access on every TV in your home.
In the event your remote is not working and you have put new batteries in the remote please contact the Customer Service Department.