Click here to email your local MetroCast Technical Support.
MS Outlook 2010 Setup
- Select the "File" tab at upper left.
- Click the Account Setting button. This will display the Account Settings window with the Email tab open, if you have configured multiple accounts then all of them will be listed here. You will see the tabbed interface here, by clicking any particular tab you will see its relevant settings for the selected account.
- Select your "Email Name" and click the "Change" option (just below the tabs interface, and to the right of the "Repair" option). Alternatively, if you want to add a new email account instead of changing your existing one, select the "New" option (to the left of "Repair").
- Under "User Information"
In the "Your Name" field, enter your name as you wish it to be displayed.
In the "E-Mail Address" field, enter your MetroCast email address (for example; firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if applicable).
- Under "Server Information"
Account type should be POP3
Set "Incoming mail server" to pop.metrocast.net or pop.[state].metrocast.net if applicable
Set "Outgoing mail server" to smtp.metrocast.net or smtp.[state].metrocast.net if applicable
- Under "Logon Information"
Set User Name to your MetroCast email address (for example; firstname.lastname@example.org or user@[state].metrocast.net if applicable )
Set Password to your MetroCast email password
Do NOT select "Require Logon using Secure Password Authentication"
- Click the "More Settings" button. This will display the "Internet E-mail Settings" window with the "General" tab open.
- Select the "Outgoing Server" tab
Check the box labeled "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication"
The default radio button selected should be "Use same settings as my incoming mail server"
- Select the "Advanced" tab Set "Outgoing Server (SMTP)" to 465 From the "Use the following type of encrypted connection" dropdown, select SSL.
- Click OK, which will bring you back to the "Internet E-mail Settings" window.
- Click the "Next" button which will attempt to log in to your email server and send a test email to your account. When successful, click the "Finish" button.