Click here to email your local MetroCast Technical Support.
Outlook Profiles & Outlook Express Identities Setup
Profiles allow multiple email accounts to be handled by the email program and yet, keep the accounts separate.
How to create a new Profile for Outlook
- Choose your platform
- In XP, go to Control Panel, Select User Accounts, then select Mail (if in Classic View then double click the Mail icon).
- In Windows 2000 double click on the Mail icon
- Select Show Profile
- Click Add
- Type name of profile
- Select Add a new Email Account
- Select Server Type (MetroCast Users use POP3)
- Enter Email settings
- User Information
- Server Information:
- Logon Information (Account name is your full MetroCast email address)
- Verify that "Prompt for a profile to be used" is selected
- Select Apply
- Select OK
Note: When you wish to use a different user profile, you must close the Outlook program and re-open it, at which time you will be prompted to select your profile.
Outlook Express Identity Setup
To setup another identity in outlook express:
- Open outlook express and goto file then down to identities and add new identity.
- In the next window type your name and click ok
- Click yes when it asks you to switch to your identity.
- Everything will close and open back up
- Next type in your display name, and click next
- Type your email address of this identity (email@example.com) and click next
- Your mail server is a POP3
Incoming mail server is:
NH & ME: pop.metrocast.net
Outgoing mail server is:
NH & ME: smtp.metrocast.net
Click NEXT after
- Type in you account name (user name) and password, do not check log on using SSL. click next
- Click Finish
- You are now in the new identity, to switch between them goto file and switch identity. Highlight the one you want and click ok.
NOTE: If you do not log off from your current identity before you quit Outlook Express, you may not be able to log on by using a different identity. In addition, other people may be able to start Outlook Express by using your identity, even if you set a password for your identity. To work around this issue, log off from the current identity before you quit Outlook Express.
To log off from the current identity:
- On the File menu, click Switch Identity.
- Verify that the current identity is selected, click Log Off Identity, and then click Yes.
After you perform these steps, the next time that you start Outlook Express you are prompted to select an identity and provide a password.