Apply for position Location: Hollywood, Maryland
- Perform technical troubleshooting, diagnostics, and proactive maintenance with an emphasis on system integrity.
- Perform system sweep and balance throughout the trunk, distribution, and optoelectronic system for optimal system performance.
- Perform 100% operational tests on existing Standby and Non-Standby Power Supplies.
- Follow established documentation procedures by completing and turning in required paperwork.
- Safely operate all company vehicles and applicable equipment. Maintain tools, equipment, and vehicle in good, safe working order.
- Perform Standby system service (on-call) as scheduled by the technical services group.
- Provide back up support, on the job training, and guidance to less experienced Installers and Technicians.
Job Responsibilities & Required Qualifications.
- High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent combination of training and/or experience required.
- At least two (2) years in the cable field as a technician with excellent references.
- Comprehensive knowledge of trunk, distribution, and optoelectronic systems, contemporary Sweep test equipment, Analyzers, OTDR, TDR, and various RF equipment.
- NCTI, SCTE training and certification a plus.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Windows software.
- Ability to lift >75 lbs. and handle a 32' extension ladder.
- Valid driver's license without driving limitations or suspensions.
- Ability to work a schedule including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
- Must be a team oriented, self-motivated, well organized individual.
- Attendance and punctuality are both essential functions of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer