BUSINESS SERVICES - ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
This dynamic Account Executive (AE) will be responsible for generating new MetroCast Commercial Services cash-flow through the sale of Internet, High Capacity Data, and Voice services to Small/Medium Business (SMB) and Enterprise Customers and Prospects.
• The AE will protect MetroCast cash-flow by establishing and strengthening Customer relationships and working cross-functionally to improve their service experience, resulting in higher Customer satisfaction and retention.
• Through the use of consultative selling techniques and application selling, the AE will place MetroCast products and services within the Customers’ business organization.
• The AE will position MetroCast in the marketplace by demonstrating a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape and emerging technologies.
• The AE will identify opportunities and develop a strategy and business plan that will exceed revenue quota assignments.
• The AE will build long-term business relationships with SMB and Enterprise Customers and Prospects.
• This position will have a high focus on customer retention including but not limited to contract renewals.
• The AE will account manage the Customer and Prospect base.
• The AE will generate high gross margin MetroCast business using an array of consultative selling skills, financial analysis and cost justification methodology, programmed account cycling,
relationship tactics, and prospecting activities to cultivate business relationships with companies, organizations and institutions.
• The AE will design and deliver sales presentations to prospective clients, develop relationships with individual businesses and the community, and position the MetroCast brand as a key component of the sales strategy.
Job Responsibilities & Required Qualifications.
• B.A. or B.S. Degree preferably in Business or Sales and Marketing, or the equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
• 2 to 3+ years outside B2B sales experience.
• 1 to 2+ years of in-depth consultative selling experience to SOHO, SMB, and Enterprise entities.
• Knowledge, skills and experience in Telecommunications, CLEC, LEC, or Cable industry.
• Proven track record of successful telecom sales.
• Proven skills in applications and needs based selling.
• Strong knowledge of the SMB sales cycle.
• Ability to build and maintain a sales funnel for overachievement.
• Capable of accurate sales forecasting based on opportunity analysis.
• 85+% of sales time out of the office meeting with customers.
• Must have a reliable vehicle with insurance coverage and valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Internet and Data Networking Technologies, Functionality & Services (LAN, MAN, WAN, VPN).
• Voice Network Technologies (SIP-PRI, Trunking, T-1, DS3, Frame, VOIP).
• Understanding and knowledge of Metro Ethernet (DIA, P2P, P-2-Multi).
• Sales Funnel Management experience, Dynamics CRM, or Salesforce.com type system.
• Maintain accurate and quality sales records and prepare sales and activity reports as required.
• Enthusiastic, goal-oriented, and successful at selling SMB and Enterprise solutions.
• Possess a hunter mentality coupled with a strong drive to win new business.
• Self starter with excellent time management and business sales skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communicator, with strong presentation skills.
• Strong persuasive abilities and negotiating skills.
• Results driven with focus on goal achievement.
• Strong customer service orientation with excellent follow up.
• Technical aptitude and strong knowledge of computers and the Internet.
• Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint.
• Team player, able to handle ambiguity, to anticipate and adapt to changes quickly.
• Attendance and punctuality are both essential functions of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer