BUSINESS SERVICES TECHNICIAN
• Provide technical support to Business Services sales team during the pre and post-sale phases.
• Interface and communicate with customers to determine technical requirements and expectations.
• Responsible for the evaluation of requests for business services and determination of work required to complete installation.
• Responsible for the site survey, walkout and sketch of customer’s business location for development of BOM for required plant extension and installation work. To include U/G and aerial footages, demarcation point, poles, conduits, drops etc.
• Responsible for coordinating the construction and installation of MetroCast business services to new Business Customers between the Field Operations and the Business Services Groups.
• Responsible for communicating status updates to Business Services BSR group keeping customer and sales representatives updated on project status.
• Work with the Construction Department to ensure that timelines are met for line extensions to business locations and the successful installation of MBS.
• Provide technical services in the field such as basic troubleshooting of customer phone and computer networks.
• Responsible for maintaining department spreadsheets that assist in the tracking of MBS related survey appointments, extension construction, installations, quality checks and other related items.
• Work with the MBS sales team and Business Installers on all business related installations, including the scheduling of outside contractors to complete the business installation, if deemed necessary.
• Responsible for field inspections of newly installed businesses to assure quality standards are maintained and customer satisfaction is met.
• Responsible to maintain various reports and documentation as it pertains to MBS related activity.
• Responsible to assist the primary Business Installer(s) to ensure a successful installation is achieved in the scheduled timeframes.
• Manage and ensure commercial project execution and completion.
• Perform Standby system service (on-call) as scheduled by the technical services group.
• Completes other duties and responsibilities, as assigned and/or directed by the system management.
Job Responsibilities & Required Qualifications.
• High School diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent combination of training and/or experience required.
• Must have at least 5 years of service and installation technical experience.
• Thorough knowledge of the business and residential services offered by MetroCast.
• Knowledge and understanding of small business networks and related network equipment.
• Knowledge of project management practices and procedures preferred.
• Knowledge of outside broadband networks utilizing coaxial cable and fiber technologies.
• NCTI, SCTE training and certification a plus.
• Experience with spreadsheets, word-processing and general computer skills preferred
• Valid driver's license without driving limitations or suspensions.
• Ability to lift 100 pounds, no fear of heights, and experience with proper use of hand tools.
• Ability to work a schedule including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
• Enjoy working in a fast paced, results oriented environment.
• Attendance and punctuality are both essential functions of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer