• Responsible for carrying out assigned construction activities locating underground cable plant and utilities in support of new plant construction, rebuilds and existing plant upgrades.
• Responsible for interpreting system maps (paper and electronic) and accurately locating MetroCast underground facilities.
• Provides assistance in investigating facility damages incurred through excavation dig-ins.
• Assists in correcting system mapping information when discrepancies are discovered while performing locates by reporting the finds to his/her immediate supervisor.
• Understands and adheres to applicable construction codes and safety regulations.
• Operates cable detecting equipment, company assigned vehicle and hand tools.
• Demonstrates proficiency and working knowledge of several areas of construction practices of cable routing.
• Handles semi-routine construction duties and problems.
• Recognizes deviation from accepted practices and confirms with senior staff appropriate next steps.
• Receives general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
• Work is regularly supervised and reviewed for timeliness, accuracy and correct procedures.
• Proper completion of daily work log, work orders, vehicle log and reports.
• Overtime may be required; On-call rotation may be required.
• Overall troubleshooting of cable television service including identification and repair of service cabling and customer premise equipment using a variety of tools and test equipment may be required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Responsibilities & Required Qualifications.
• High School diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
• Valid driver’s license, with a proven good record.
• Ability to perform physically demanding work and lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
• Ability to work a schedule including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
• Customer relations skills.
• Must possess excellent communications skills.
• Team oriented.
• Attendance and punctuality are both essential functions of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer