Customer Service Representative
Our Customer Service Representative position is a key company position that contributes to MetroCast’s vision of being the industry leader in customer service through quality, courtesy and teamwork. This position is responsible for educating and assisting our customers so they can make informed decisions about our products and services which include MetroCast Digital Cable TV, High Speed Internet, and Digital Voice service. The Customer Service Representative serves as a front line professional that must be able to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction. This position has extensive contact with the general public, therefore excellent customer satisfaction, communication skills, and attitude is essential.
Job Responsibilities & Required Qualifications.
- Handle incoming telephone calls and electronic communication to promote and sell MetroCast products and services; as well as provide billing and general service support.
- Acquire new customers and upgrade current subscribers through educating on MetroCast products and services.
- Maintains sales standards and other performance goals set by management.
- Navigate thru multiple data entry systems and other relevant applications, tools and resources while speaking with customers.
- Be an active listener who can show empathy and patience in a non scripted fast pace environment.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to Federal Regulations and MetroCast Policies.
- Maintain customer account confidentiality.
- Responsible for adhering to an assigned schedule.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent combination of training and/or experience required.
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required.
- Prior sales and customer service / call center experience preferred.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn customer service software applications.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi task, and remain calm and professional thru stressful or ambiguous situations.
- Ability to work a schedule including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
- Must be able to work in a structured environment with assigned processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of cable TV, phone and Internet services a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present information and direction in an articulate, organized and professional manner.
- Ability to listen and interpret the needs of the customer.
- Demonstrate accuracy with detailed work.
- Attendance and punctuality are both essential functions of this position.