TECHNICAL OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
• Responsible for the hiring, development, supervision, training, and support of local Technical Operations team of installation and service technicians, along with local contract crews. Including up to date training on new technologies and MetroCast products and services.
• Establish, monitor and maintain daily quota levels and service route schedules.
• Responsible for customer satisfaction with installation and service work provided.
• Coordinate construction of new cable plant upgrades, extensions, rebuilds and maintenance work.
• Responsible for the technical performance and integrity of the CATV network, including preventive maintenance procedures to meet FCC technical requirements.
• Responsible for the “Quality Control” inspections of in-house and contract installation and service work.
• Responsible for after hour’s response to customer service issues, including stand-by scheduling and staffing.
• Responsible for the timely completion and accurate filing of FCC Leakage, Proof of Performance reports and system/subscriber outage logs. Maintaining local Public File technical documentation.
• Maintain a good working relationship with local telephone and power utilities, maintaining compliance to pole licensing agreements.
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of the local technical vehicle fleet.
• Responsible for compliance with State, OSHA, and company safety guidelines and requirements.
• Provide technical support to other departments; including HSD, marketing, customer service and others. Providing effective and immediate communications whenever customer service is interrupted.
• Provide technical advice in the assessment, review, selection, and deployment of new technologies, products, and services, including equipment installation and activation in the headend.
Job Responsibilities & Required Qualifications.
• Associates Degree in Electronics or related field, or equivalent combination of training and or experience is required.
• 5 years cable television technical operation experience on a system wide basis.
• Working knowledge of advanced CATV technologies, including full understanding of the operations and equipment of a CATV headend.
• Ability to direct, evaluate, and motivate subordinates.
• Excellent customer service skills. Strong team building and motivational skills. Strong organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to maintain a company wide professional attitude and appearance at all times.
• A thorough understanding of company policies to ensure compliance and consistent application.
• Up-to-date knowledge of technological developments within the industry.
• Valid driver's license without driving limitations or suspensions.
• Able to identify and solve problems efficiently and creatively, taking the initiative to develop new solutions when warranted.
• Attendance and punctuality are both essential functions of this position.