Technical Support Representative
Contribute to MetroCast’s vision of being the industry leader in customer service through quality, courtesy and teamwork. The Technical Support Representative is responsible for providing phone, e-mail, and chat support for issues pertaining to MetroCast’s High Speed Internet and voice products. The Technical Support Representative serves as a front line support professional who must be able to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction through competent and quick troubleshooting and technical problem resolution. The qualified individual should have 2 to 3 years of relevant experience in a technical support, network engineering or help desk support role. This position has extensive contact with the general public, therefore excellent customer satisfaction, communication skills, and attitude is essential.
- Troubleshoot, resolve and respond to customer questions received via phone, e-mail, and chat communications with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise and timeliness.
- Handles incoming telephone calls, covering limited range of customer services in a prompt and professional manner, obtaining all information for resolution of transaction.
- Maintain current knowledge of all product offerings and technical support procedures in order to provide accurate and timely information and solutions to customers.
- Answer questions regarding service features, options and pricing.
- Answer questions regarding use of service with various hardware and software platforms.
- Walk customers through common hardware and software configurations to maximize product functionality.
- Troubleshoot basic network and modem functionality.
- Schedule on-site service calls when necessary.
- Interact as needed with various MetroCast personnel and departments to ensure resolution of customer transaction.
- Other duties as requested and required by management.
Job Responsibilities & Required Qualifications.
- High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent combination of training and/or experience required.
- Experience with personal computers, installing software programs and troubleshooting operating systems, software and hardware. Knowledge of MAC and Windows operating systems (in-depth knowledge of at least one), proficiency with Internet, e-mail, and basic troubleshooting required.
- Two to three years of relevant customer and technical support including (but not limited to):
- Broadband support
- Cable TV support (digital cable is a plus)
- Digital Phone experience (IP Telephony)
- Home networking
- Thorough knowledge of PC hardware and operating environments including (but not limited to):
- LAN Technologies including hubs, switches, routers
- TCP/IP concepts including DHCP and IP addressing.
- Familiarity with Internet Browsers (MS Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, etc)
- Previous call center experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to articulate relevant information and directions in an organized, professional and concise manner.
- Proven listening and analytical skills, with demonstrated ability to obtain key information and resolve complex service problems.
- Excellent customer service and general administrative skills
- Must be a flexible, independent, self-motivated problem solver who can consistently work and enjoy a fast pace.
- Must be able to work in a structured environment with defined processes and procedures.
- Ability to use multiple systems simultaneously including but not limited to trouble ticket databases, customer databases, troubleshooting software, etc. to record data and create notations in customer’s account records.
- Demonstrated accuracy with detailed work.
- Ability to work flexible hours including, evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
- Attendance and punctuality are both essential functions of this position.
- Microsoft Office experience a plus.
- MCSE, MCP, A+ and other certifications are helpful.
An Equal Opportunity Employer