Troubleshoot Internet Connection Issues
The first thing to do when connection to the internet is lost, is to power cycle all your equipment. If your PC is already on, please shut it down before following the outlined procedure below:
- Pull the power cord out of the modem (bottom-most cord on Motorola modems) and leave it out for at least a minute
- If you have a router (allows more than 1 PC/MAC to connect to the internet at the same time) you will need to unplug this as well.
- Now, plug the power back into the cable modem and wait for 4 solid lights on the front of the unit.
- Then plug in router and wait 20 seconds or so as it pulls needed information from the modem.
- Lastly, startup the PC/MAC and open a web page that you don't normally go to, verifying you are not just opening saved pages from the internet cache.
If this procedure does not work, please call Technical Support for further assistance.