Ordering Pay-Per-View (PPV)
Pay-Per-View (PPV) can be ordered at the start of a program or in advance. There are three ways to select and order a PPV program:
- Using the MENU option of your Program Guide with your MetroCast remote
- Using the GUIDE button on your MetroCast remote
- Tuning directly to the PPV channels using your MetroCast remote
Ordering PPV Using the MENU Option
- Press the MENU button on your MetroCast remote revealing the Quick Menu.
- Click on PPV to open the PPV folders
- Select the folder of your choice (By Time, By Title, Events or Adult)
- Highlight the program you want to watch and press the BUY button
- Press the Exit button to return to watching TV
- A reminder is automatically sent when a PPV program is ordered and will appear on your screen when the program is about to begin
Please note that an SD (Standard Definition) or HD (High Definition) set-top converter is required to order PPV. PPV cannot be accessed with a DTA (Digital Terminal Adapter) or digital-ready/QAM TV. Also, Standard Definition (SD) Pay-Per-View programs and High Definition (HD) Pay-Per-View programs are shown on on different channels. You should order the HD version of a PPV program only if you are using a MetroCast HD set-top box.
To cancel an ordered Pay-Per-View program/event:
- Find the program you ordered through the MENU button on your MetroCast remote that will bring up the Quick Menu.
- Click on PPV and press OK/Select on your remote
- Highlight the program you purchased.
- Press the BUY button
- Scroll down to Don't Order and press OK/Select.
- This will cancel your order and you will receive a confirmation screen that says ORDER CANCELLED
Pay-Per-View Parental Controls
To prevent unauthorized PPV purchases, you can establish a PIN number within the Interactive Program Guide using your MetroCast set-top converter:
- Press the Menu key on the MetroCast remote.
- From the Quick Menu, highlight and select the Parental Controls (Lock icon).
- Enter your PIN or follow the Create PIN setup instructions on the screen. Note your PIN for future use.
- Highlight and select the Channel Locks option.
- Choose all PPV channels by following the instructions on the screen.
- Press the Exit button to return to watching TV.
- All channels locked will now require a PIN before purchasing will be allowed.
For instructions on ordering movies on MetroCast On Demand, click here.