Windows Live Mail Setup
- Open Windows Live Mail.
- You will be prompted to create an email account, if not click the "Accounts" tab and click on the "Email @+ button":
- In the E-Mail Address field, enter your MetroCast email address (for example; firstname.lastname@example.org or user@[state].metrocast.net if applicable)
- Type the Password to your MetroCast email account in the password field.
- Set Display Name to the name you want to appear in email sent from this account.
- Put a checkmark in "Manually Configure server settings" box and click Next
- Enter your Account Settings as described below:
Incoming Server Information:
- Server type: POP
- "Server address": pop.metrocast.net or pop.[state].metrocast.net if applicable
- Port: 110
- "Requires a secure connection (SSL)" should be unchecked
- "Authenticate using": Clear Text
- Login username is your full MetroCast email address (example; email@example.com or user@[state].metrocast.net if applicable)
- "Server address": smtp.metrocast.net or smtp.[state].metrocast.net if applicable
- Port: 465
- "Requires a Secure Connection (SSL)" should be checked
- "Requires Authentication" should be checked
- Click "Next" when done
- You should now get a success message. Please continue by clicking on "Finish"
- Click "Close" out of the accounts screen
- You will now get a message that your e-mails are downloading
*When your e-mails have been download you should now be able to send and receive emails
If you are ARE able to receive e-mail but are NOT able send e-mail
- Click on the blue file button, click "options", "E-mail accounts"
- Click on your e-mail address and it will highlight in blue
- Click on "Properties" then click on the "Servers" tab
- Under "Outgoing Mail Server" make sure that "My server requires authentication" is checked
- Click on the "Settings" button and make sure that "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" is selected
- Click "OK" then Click "Apply" if applicable, finally click on "OK"
- Click "Close" on the accounts screen and try to send mail again